1. The graph of the function f is the graph of the function g compressed horizontally by a factor of 2 and reflected over the y-axis. Which of the following correctly defines the function f?
2. Adolfo wants to send his friend a rectangular poster with a width of 65 centimeters(cm) and a length of 92cm. He will mail the poster in a container in the shape of a right circular cylinder with a volume of 5200 cubic centimeters(cm^3). The height of the container is the same as the width of the poster. Which of the following is closest to the largest radius the container could have?
3. A restaurant chain with 8 locations wants to introduce healthier options to its menu. In order to determine customer preferences, the chain will offer three new healthy options for a two-week period at all of it's locations and analyze the percent of total orders that include at least one of the new healthy options. Which of the following research designs is most likely to produce valid results?
A. Recording how many customers ordered each of the new options at all of the restaurants over the two-week period
B. Asking a random sample of customers at all of the restaurants which new item they might order in the future
C. Recording how many customers ordered each of the new options at one of the restaurants over the two-week period
D. Recording how many customers ordered each of the new options for breakfast at all of the restaurants over the two-week period
4. Mr.Bumble delivers newspapers to his community every week on the same route. During the first 2 weeks of delivering newspapers, he traveled a total of 100 blocks. Mr.Bumble delivers newspapers for 50 weeks each year. How many blocks does Mr.Bumble travel delivering newspapers in 1 year?
Which of the following represents the solutions to the inequality shown above?
In the equation shown above, Q and P are functions. If (x0,y0) is a point on the graph of y=Q(x), which of the following is a point on the graph of y=P(x)?
7. What is the value of x in the figure shown above?
Which of the following is equivalent to the complex number shown above?
9. Ann donates blood for the first time on May 15th, which is the 135th day of the year. She may donate again every 56 days. Which of the following inequalities can be used to determine the number of times, n comma that Ann may donate this year? (Assume 1 year=365 days.)
10. In triangle ABC, the sum of the measures of angle A and angle B is 70 degrees. The measure of angle A is one-half the measure of angle B. If the measure of angle B is equal to x degrees, which of the following expressions represents the sum of angles A, B and C?
11. The radius, r, of a certain cylinder is greater than 1.0 centimeter and less than 1.3 centimeters. The height, h, is greater than or equal to 5.0 centimeters and less than or equal to 8.0 centimeters. Which of the following systems of inequalities represents these constraints?
12.A quadratic function is graphed in the xy-plane. The vertex of the parabola is at (-3,5) and the parabola crosses the y-axis at (0,2). Which of the following could be the equation for the function?
13.A polynomial function f has x+8 as a factor. Which of the following must be true about the function f?
D.II and III only
14. A taxi ride cost a customer a total of $13.48, which included 4% sales tax and a $1 surcharge after the tax. What was the subtotal before the surcharge and sales tax?