1. Some people want government to spend money on life on other planets； however, others think it is a waste of public money when the earth has so many problems. Discuss these two views and give your own opinion.
2. A tendency of news reported in the media about problems and emergencies rather than positive developments is more harmful to the individual and to society. Do you agree or disagree?
3. Due to the new technologies and the Internet, radio is going to disappear in a few years. Do you agree or disagree with the statement?
4. Some people believe that international tourism has harmful effects. Why do they think so? What can be done to change their views?
5. The news about violent crimes may frighten people or, on contrary, encourage them to commit a crime. Therefore, some believe that these types of news should not be reported in newspapers or on TV. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
6. Children nowadays prefer electronic/computer games to other games and toys. Why is it happening? Is it a positive or a negative trend?
7. Nowadays, some university offer graduate students skills that assist to find employment, but some people believe the main function of university should be to access knowledge for its sake. What is your opinion?
8. In some countries, it is possible for people to have a variety of food that has been transported from all over the world.To what extent do you agree or disagree?
9. People are living longer now than ever before. At the same time the young population is declining while the number of old people is rising. Will this development be a benefit for the society? What are the advantages and disadvantages of having more old people in the country?
10. In Some cities, cars gradually replace the bikes, and some of the city people are more likely to encourage people to use bikes, what is the cause for these two kinds of development? Do you think which is better.
11. Some people think that younger people are not suitable for important positions in governments of countries. Others argue that younger people have new ideas in these positions. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages for that?
12. Some people think that it is the most important thing about being rich that gives a chance to help other people. to what extent do you agree or disagree?
13.People prefer to go shopping in the supermarket rather than small shops and local markets. Why has this happened？Do you think it is a positive or negative development？
14. More and more people are becoming seriously overweight. Some people say that the price increase of fattening foods will solve this problem. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
15.Some people think music plays an important role in society. Others think it is simply a form of entertainment. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion.
The table reveals
The table demonstrates
The table shows
The table depicts
The table illustrates
The table presents
The table describes
The table suggests that
It can be concluded from the table that
It is suggested from the table that
As is suggested from the table
As can be suggested from the table
The table indicates that
The information shown in the table indicates that
The information shown in the table suggests that
The chart gives information about sth.
The chart gives information concerning sth.
The chart gives information respecting sth.
The chart gives information regarding sth.
The chart offers information about sth.
The chart offers information concerning sth.
The chart offers information respecting sth.
The chart offers information regarding sth.
The chart provides information about sth.
The chart provides information concerning sth.
The chart provides information respecting sth.
The chart provides information regarding sth.
We can see clearly that
It can be seen clearly that
The bar chart shows the trends in
The bar chart reveals the trends in
The bar chart demonstrates the trends in
The bar chart depicts the trends in
The bar chart illustrates the trends in
The bar chart presents the trends in
The bar chart represents the trends in
The bar chart describes the trends in
The map gives information about…
The map offers information about…
The map provides information about…
The map gives information regarding…
The map offers information regarding…
The map provides information regarding…
The map gives information respecting…
The map offers information respecting…
The map provides information respecting…
The map gives information concerning…
The map offers information concerning…
The map provides information concerning…
By analyzing the two charts, we can see that
By analyzing the two charts, we can see clearly that
By analyzing the two charts, we can conclude that
It is obvious in the table that the number of… has undergone dramatic changes
It is clear in the table that the number of… has undergone dramatic changes
It is apparent in the table that the number of… has undergone dramatic changes
It is manifest in the table that the number of… has undergone dramatic changes