1. Do you agree or disagree with spending time alone is the best way to reduce the stress
2. When you choose a university, do you care about its graduates’vocational development than its professors’fames?
3. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: Children should spend most of the time playing and studying, and they should not be required to do household chores, like cooking or cleaning.
4. Some parents offer their school-age children money for each high grade (mark) they get in school. Do you think this is a good idea?
5. Some believe that teachers (for students from age 14-18) should focus on lecturing and asking students to take notes during lectures. Others believe that teachers should get students involved in discussion and encourage them to exchange ideas in class. Which way of teaching do you think is more effective for students' learning?
6. What is the most important factor for students to succeed at university or college?
1) university tutors' individual instructions to help solve students' problems;
2) encouragement from family and friends;
3) high-quality education and excellent teachers in the high school
7. The university club wants to help others, if you are a member of them, you only could undertake one project this year, which following would you prefer to choose?
1) to help students at a nearby school with reading and mathematics;
2) to build house for people who cannot buy or rent;
3) to visit and assist the elder people with daily tasks ;
8. Which kind of jobs would you choose: a high-paying job with long hours or a job with an average pay yet with normal work hours. Explain your choice, using specific reasons and details.
9. Advertisements are a waste of company's money and energy because consumers know what they want to buy.
10. People who have learned many different skills are more likely to succeed than those who focus on learning only one skill.
11. One quality that a successful leader must have is to make decisions quickly; when a leader takes too much time to make decisions, he will be seen as ineffective to the people he leads.
12. The opinions of celebrities, such as famous entertainers and athletes, are more important to younger people than they are to older people.
13. In order to relax, it is better to take physical exercises than to watch a movie or to read a book.
14. It is better for people to have friends who are intelligent than to have friends who have a good sense of humor.
15. What is the most important action for the government to solve environmental problems?
1) funding research on new energy sources such as solar and wind power;
2) protecting the forest and wildlife;
3) passing and enforcing laws to reduce the pollution;
16. In times of an economic crisis, in which area should the government reduce its spending?
2) Heath Care
3) support for the unemployed
17. Technology designed to make our life simpler actually makes our life more complicated.
18. Parents do not understand their children as much as well as they did 50 years ago.
19. Your job has more effects on your happiness than your social life does.
20. In 20 years from now on, people will have more leisure time.