1. Colleges and universities should offer job preparation before students start to work.
2. Some students prefer to have their final grades determined by numerous small assignments, whereas others prefer to have their grades determined by only a few large ones. Which one do you prefer and why?
3. In order to help high school students learn the sense of responsibility, it is necessary for them to do household work after school.
4. The best way to improve quality of education is to increase teachers’ salaries.
5. All school teachers should be required to take courses every five years to update their knowledge.
6. People living in small towns or villages are more satisfied with their lives than those living in big cities.
7. In the past, people were more interested in improving their neighborhoods than they are today.
8. Teachers were more appreciated and valued by the society in the past than they are now.
9. Workers would be happier if they are doing different types of tasks during their workday than doing the same task.
10. Athletes and entertainers can be good politicians.
11. Your community has a piece of land and is considering introducing a business to this land. Which business would you prefer? 1. A shopping mall 2. A performing art center 3. A hotel
12. Governments have done enough to educate people the importance of a balanced lifestyle and healthy eating.
13. In times of an economic crisis, in which area should the government reduce its spending? 1) Education 2) Heath Care 3) support for the unemployed
14. The car has greater effects to the society than the airplane does.
15. Technology designed to make people’s lives simpler in fact make people’s lives more complicated.
16. Spending time alone is the best way to relax.
17. Movies and TV programs made in your own country are more interesting compared to movies and programs made in other countries.
18. Getting advice from friends who are older than you is more valuable than getting advice from friends of your age.
1. Do you agree or disagree that with the following statement? It's more important for the government to spend money to build art museums and music performance centers than to build recreational facilities (such as swimming pool and playgrounds).
2. The more money a person has, the more he or she should give away to the charities.
3. Do you agree or disagree that it is impossible to always be completely honest with your friends?
4. "Some young people are free in the evenings or have days off at school, which way can bring them the most benefit?
A.to accumulate work experience by a part-time job or volunteering in a community.
B.learning to play a sport.
C.learning to play a musical instrument
5. It is easier to become an educated person today than it was in the past.
6. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? A job with more vacation time but a low salary is better than a job with a high salary but less vacation time.
7. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Only movies that can teach us something about real life is worth watching.
8. Which is better for children's education: 9-month study and 3-month break or 3-month study and 1-month break?
9. Do you agree or disagree with the statement? These days, children spend more time on doing homework or participating in organized activities related to school or sports. However, they given more time to do whatever they want.
10. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Taking care of pets brings important benefits to a child.
1. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It's necessary to put a lot of money into a business to make it successful.
2. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Most of the parents at sometimes find disapproval of the ways teachers are teaching their children. It's not suggested for the parents to express their disapproval to the teachers.
3. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement that movies and television have more negative impact than positive ones on the way young people behave?
4. Nowadays people are more willing to help the people they don't know (for example, giving clothing and food to the people who need them) than people were in the past.
5. If your teacher says something incorrect in a class, what will you do? 1. Interrupt your teacher right away 2. Keep silent 3. Correct your teacher after class. Use details and examples to explain your choice.
6. A lot of high school students now cheat in homework assignments, by asking other students for answers. Which of the following do you think is the most efficient way to stop?
-Asking parents to help stop the students from cheating
-Penalty or punishment to the students
-Asking teacher to create homework assignment that cannot be easily cheated
7. Some people think that we should keep away from others to improve our relationship, because being away from people reminds us of how important they are. Others think we should always stay with others to have good relationship because we can communicate with them more often. What do you think?
8. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People spend too much money on their pets even though there can be other good ways to spend money.
Give details and examples to support your response.
9. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People can solve important problems in daily life on their own or with the help from families, so the help from government is not necessary.
10. Which option do you prefer? Travel to foreign countries when you are young than when you are older. Give specific reasons or examples to support your decision.