1. When you earn a little extra money, is it better to spend your money or is it better to save your money for some time in the future?
2. Where would like to spend your holiday? City or countryside?
3. Some people prefer to share a large house with other students, others prefer to live in a smaller apartment alone. Which one do you prefer? Explain why.
4. Some students like to learn by themselves, others prefer to share their ideas with others. Which one do you prefer?
5. Some people prefer to prepare meals at home; others like to eat out in restaurants. Which do you prefer?
6. When you're visiting a city you've never been to, how would you like to tour around?
A. sign up for a well-organized trip
B. visit history museums
C. walk along the streets"
7. Talk about an activity you enjoyed doing with your family when you were a child, explain you answer in details.
8. Your friend studies in a business school now, but he likes playing musical instrument. Would suggestion would you give to your friend? To keep studying business, or to learn to play music?
9. What advice will you like to give to a friend who is going to take a job interview? Explain why this suggestion is important. Include reasons and details to support your response.
10. Researchers suggest that most people need eight hours of sleep per night to function at their best the next day. Explain how lack of sleep affects you or someone you know.
11. Which one you will learn: play a piano, swim, and repair a car.
12. One of your friend is often late for events and appointments, which often makes others angry. What's your advice to help your friend to avoid this problem in the future?
13. Students would like take part in some free volunteer work, what kind of volunteer work do you prefer? Explain why it is important.
14. School decides to open a cafe in campus. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this?
15. What kinds of music do you like the least? Give reasons why you do not like this kind of music.
16. Talk about a thing you always wanted to do but didn’t have time to yet. Explain why you want to do it, give examples and details in your explanation.
1.Describe a character in a book，movie or TV program that deeply impressed you. Explain why you like this character. Include reasons and details to support your response.
2.If one of your friends is always late for events and appointments,你会给他一些什么建议来帮助他变得更守时?
3.Talk about a kind of music you enjoy the least, explain why you don’t like it.
4.一些现在的火车专门设有安静车厢 where passengers are not allowed to speak loudly and use cell phones, laptops or other mobile devices that produce loud sounds. 你觉得这是个好主意吗?Explain why or why not.
5.学生们需要在期末的时候 evaluate their professors吗?
6.Which of the following classes would you like to take: 1) history of science; 2) art history; 3) science of the 20th century?
7.describe one experience that your friend disappointed you and how you reacted to it.
8.talk about a social problem or issue your country is facing currently.
9.Your university plans to offer students cash rewards for high performance in one of following activities: Volunteer service, Athletic achievement, Academic performance. Choose one and explain why you think it deserves to be rewarded.
10.What is the best way for parents to help their children succeed in school? Use details and examples to explain your answer.
11.Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It's a waste of time for university students to take courses outside their major fields. Use specific reasons and examples in your answer.
12.你觉得哪个更好:有些老师喜欢让学生一整个学期就坐在一个位置上. Other teachers think students can choose their own seats each time and sit in different seats. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
13.Do you think universities in the future will on day stop giving lessons in classrooms, they might give online courses instead.
14.When students have questions about an assignment for class, 有些人喜欢去和教授讨论. Others prefer to ask other students in the class for help understanding the assignment. Which do you prefer? Explain why?
15.你觉得通过 plastic surgery来改变自己的appearance是件好事吗?
16.Do you agree or disagree that students would learn more if the teachers assign them with more schoolwork?
17.Do you agree or disagree that government should ban violence and dirty words in TV programs?
18.Some people prefer to start their homework ahead, while others only get down to it before the due day. Which do you think is better and also why?
19.Some universities require all students to study a foreign language in order to graduate. Other universities require all students to take computer classes before graduating. Which do you think is most important? Why?
20.Do you agree or disagree with the following statement that It is important for all university students to engage in social activities such as joining clubs or sports groups. Use details and examples to explain your answer.