1. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: People should not spend a lot of time in communicating by technologies, such as through social media or with text messages?
2. More and more people are migrating to cities in search of a better life, but city life can be extremely difficult. Explain some of the difficulties of living in a city. How can governments make urban life better for everyone?
3. Which way do you think is the best way for a student to make new friends?
4. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Drivers should pay a certain amount of fee to be permitted to drive out in traffic in peak traffic hours.
In conclusion, charging people a certain amount of fee to drive out in traffic peak hours could help to ease traffic pressure and lead to less exhaust. Its benefits outweigh its disadvantages.
5. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Students do not respect teachers as much as they did in the past.
6. Do you agree or disagree with the statement: Governments have done enough to educate the people the importance of a balanced lifestyle and healthy eating?
7. Nowadays celebrities are more famous for their glamour and wealth than for their achievements, and this sets a bad example to young people.
8. Some people think that instead of preventing climate change, we need to find a way to live with it. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
9. Nowadays the way many people interact with each other has changed because of technology. In what ways has technology affected the types of relationships that people make? Has this been a positive or negative development?
10. Some people like to record their life by sharing pictures and other information on social networking sites. Others keep this information to themselves and never share it online. Which do you prefer?
11. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: The car (automobile) has had greater effect to society than the airplane has to.
12. People often buy products not because they really need but because other people have them.
13. Do you agree that telephones are playing a more effective role than television in people’s life.
14. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The food we eat today is much healthier than in the past.
15. A high school has decided that all students must take a class in which they learn a practical skill. School administrators are trying to decide whether to hold a class in cooking, managing personal finances or auto repair. Which do you think the school should require students to take? Why?
16. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is difficult to be teachers who are not only popular with students but also can improve their studying efficiency. Use specific reasons and examples or details to support your answer.
17. Some people think that all university students should study whatever they like. Others believe that they should only be allowed to study subjects that will be useful in the future, such as those related to science and technology.
18. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? A job with more vacation time but a low salary is better than a job with a high salary but less vacation time.
19. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? A leader should have strong opinion and should not change his or her mind.
20. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The ability to cooperate and work with other people is more important to the ability to lead other people.
The fact is that… =The reality is that…
joy =happiness/ delight/ enjoyment
danger =Tears are signs of gladness as well as of grief.hazard/ peril (后面这个词语气很强，危险程度非同一般) [派生] dangerous;hazardous
advertisement/ advertising ：可以细化为commercials(电视或者互联网上的广告)，flyers(传单广告)billboards(大幅的广告牌)non-profitadvertisements (公益广告)
famous people = celebrities (单数为celebrity)
human beings(被考生使用过多)= humanity(注意这个词的单数指人类，复数指人文学科)/the human race
wealth =fortune(s) (指一大笔钱。fortune作财富的意思时可以加复数)
[相关] rich =wealthy/ affluent (adj.)
important =crucial (extremely important),significant(amount or effect large enough to be important)
common=universal, ubiquitous(if something is ubiquitous, it seems to be everywhere)
abundant=ample(enough and usually extra), plentiful(enough for people's needs and wants)
stick=adhere, cling(hold on something tightly)
neglect=ignore.(difference: neglect means someone has not paid enough attention to something; ignore means no attention.)
near=adjacent(twothings next to each other), adjoin(the same as adjacent)
pursue=woo(man woos woman, old-fashioned), seek(if you seek sth, you try to obtain it. FORMAL)
accurate=precise(precise is exact and accurate in all details), exact(correct in every detail)
vague=obscure(unknown or known by only a few people)