1. Which of the following people can give most useful help in your future career direction: teachers, families or friends? Choose one and explain why.
2. Which of the following creative activities do you feel like getting involved in: pottery making, writing or art creation. Choose one and explain why.
3. Among the following jobs, which do you think is the most interesting one and why? Airplane pilot, actor or detective.
4. Describe a job you admire but you will NOT choose it yourself.
5. Describe the greatest period of your life and explain why.
6. Describe a celebration you recently attended? Did all people have a good time on that day?
7. If you have a chance to learn new things, what do you want to learn? Play a sport, fly a plane or play a new instrument?
8. Among studying, exercising and going shopping, which one would you like to do alone and why?
9. If you can have a part-time job at the university, what position would you choose? A lab assistant, a campus tour guide or a library assistant? Why?
10. What program would you like to participate in? Teaching kids how to recycle, how to do gardening or how to eat healthier?
11. If there’s a chance for you to go on a trip, where would you like to go?
12. Talk about a character from a movie or a TV series that you like.
13. If one of your friends wants to transfer major from business to music, what advice would you give him?
14. Which do you think is the best way for the tourists to know a city? Taking an organized tour, visiting the museums in the city or walking down the city streets?
15. Your friend is going to a new school to study, what suggestions would you give him to help him blend in?
16. Which of the following jobs would you like to do in your city: clean up the city, build more bike trails or plant more trees?
17. Your friend is coming to your country to study, but he or she is worried about the cost, what would you suggest him to do?
18. Which of the following functions of smart phones will benefit students the most? Listening to music, recording lectures or taking photos?
19. Which of the following attributes would you consider the most valuable in your roommates? Being friendly, being quiet or having a good hygiene habit?
20. Which of the following three behaviors would you consider the most negative for kids? Being selfish, saying impolite things or speaking loudly in public?
1. Some people believe old people should not take risks and participate in adventurous events as young people. Do you agree with it? Why?
2. Some people believe that we should not discuss private activities of famous people like stars or singers. Do you agree with it? Why?
3. Female and make university students should have separate residence halls. Do you agree or disagree?
4. Do you agree or disagree that people should always tell the truth?
5. Do you agree or disagree that parents put more pressure on students than ever before?
6. Do you agree or disagree that children should to draw or paint?
7. Some students prefer going to universities or colleges in their hometown. Others prefer going to universities or colleges in new cities or towns. Which do you prefer and why?
8. Some people prefer to start their homework ahead. While others only get down to it before the due day. Which do you think is better and also why?
9. Some students prefer to study in a library. Others prefer to study at home or dorms. Which way do you prefer and why?
10. Some students prefer to take a test where they must write an essay to a questions. Other students prefer to take a test with objective questions. Which type of exam questions do you prefer?
11. Do you agree or disagree that in the future, people will read fewer books than they do today?
12. Would you prefer a job that has a lot of business trips or one that you can stay in one place?
13. Some people prefer to live in old buildings, others prefer to live in new and modern buildings. Which do you prefer and why?
14. Do you agree or disagree that people should dress following fashion trends?
15. Do you like talking to people face to face or sending text messages or emails?
16. Do you agree or disagree that students should be required to participate in volunteer work?
17. Do you agree or disagree that it’s easier to teach elementary school kids than college students?
18. Do you agree or disagree that the government should ban violence and dirty words in TV programs?
19. Which do you prefer? New books or second-hand books?
20. Do you agree or disagree that seniors students should take a gap year before entering college?