1. Interview is the basic form of selecting procedure for most large companies. Some people think it is unreliable and there are some other better methods. Discuss and give your own opinion.
2. More and more people buy and use their own car.do you think the advantages of this trend for individuals overweigh the disadvantages for environment?
3. In modern society, ambition is more and more important. How important is ambition for being successful in life? Is it positive or negative?
4. In the past, people store knowledge in the books. Nowadays people store knowledge on the internet. Do you think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
5. Some people think that university should not provide theoretical knowledge, but to give practical training that is beneficial to society. Do you agree or disagree?
6. Some people think that the government should establish free libraries in each town. Others, however, believe that it is a waste of money since the public can use the Internet at home to obtain information. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
7. Many people fail to achieve a balance between work and other parts of life. What causes the situation? How to overcome this problem?
8. Advertising encourages consumers to buy in quantity rather than promoting in quality. Do you agree or disagree?
9. People throw things away and buy new ones instead of repairing them and using again. What do you think may be the reasons for this? What problems might this cause in society?
10. The quality of life in big cities is decreasing. What are the causes and what actions should be taken to solve this problem?
3)使用名词做主语、变主动语态为被动语态(eg. Companies produce more than before可改写成Productivity of companies is promoted)，是提高文章正式性的好方法哦~
1. It is better for people to be unemployed rather than to be employed without a job they enjoy.To what extend do you agree or disagree?
2. In some countries, it is illegal for companies to reject job applicant for their age. Is this a positive or negative development?
3. It is suggested that all the young adults should undertake a period of unpaid work helping people in the community. Does it bring more benefits or drawbacks to the community and the young people?
2.关于频繁更换工作：频繁换工作对雇员来讲，其好处在于能够通过不断的尝试，认清(identify)自己最适合做的工作是什么，找到自己的兴趣所在，从而获得越来越高的工作满意度，但其坏处在于，没有长期的经验积累(experience accumulation)，专业程度不高，个人的职业竞争力(competitiveness)会很弱。对雇主来讲，雇员流动性大的好处在于可以不考虑晋升(promotion)和加薪(pay raise)问题，节约用人成本(labor cost)，但坏处在于，团队不稳定影响人际关系(interpersonal relationship)，员工专业化水平低影响公司发展。
1.Nowadays，full-time university students tend to focus on their studying. Some people think it is essential for university students to be involved in other activities. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
2. Some people think family has great influence on children's development. Others, however, believe that other things, such as media, have greater effects. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
3. Many students are taught to push themselves and try hard to be better than their classmates, rather than work together for everyone’s benefits. Do the disadvantages of training students to be competitive outweigh the advantages?
1. Towns and cities are attractive places. Some suggest the government should spend money putting in more works of art like paintings and statues to make them better to live in. Do you agree or disagree?
2. Housing shortage in big cities can cause severe social consequences. Some people think only government action can solve this problem. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
3. Some people think government should be responsible for providing financial support to old people after they retire, but others believe individuals should save money for themselves. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
1. Advertisements encourage consumers to buy in quantity rather than in quality. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
2. Mobile phones have made life easier: anyone can use a mobile phone to answer/make work calls or home calls at any place 7 days a week. Do you think this development has more positive effects or negative effects on the individual and society?
3. News media is more influential nowadays. Some people think it is a negative development. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
1. It is possible for scientists and tourists to travel to remote natural environments, such as South Pole. Do you think the advantages of this development outweigh the disadvantages?
2. Some people believe that air travel should be restricted because it causes serious pollution and uses up the world’s fuel resources. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
3. Some countries and individuals try to deal with the problem of animal extinction. Others think it is more important to deal with problems of human beings. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
1. Do you think how important it is for people to want success in life? Is ambition a positive or negative characteristic?
2. As countries develop, their populations tend to live individually or in a small family unit. What are the reasons? What are the effects on society and family life?
3. Some people think planning future is a waste of time and people should focus on the present. To what extent do you agree or disagree?