1. Nowadays many adults have full-time jobs and the proportion of their lives spent on work is very high. Some of them are under high stress and ignore the other parts of life. I think that modern lifestyles are probably responsible for this.
2. Recently years, more and more people choose to live by themselves, why? Is it positive or negative for the development of the society?
3. Some Governments say how many children a family can have in their country should be strictly controlled. They may control the number of children someone has through taxes. Is it sometimes necessary and right for a government to control the population in this way?
4. Reading story books is better for children than watching television or playing computer games. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
5. A recent newspaper article reports that a 14-year-old boy who seriously destroyed his school got a punishment to clean streets instead of being sent to the prison. Do you think this is right? Or the young criminals should be sent to the jail.
6. Some people believe countries have moral obligation to help each other; others worry about the aid money cannot get to the poor of this world. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion.
7. Some people think having more TV channels is good because they will have more choices, while others think it is not good because programs' quality is lower. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
8. Somebody thinks job satisfaction is more important than job security, while others hold the opposite view: job permanent is much more important. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
9. In the past, people store knowledge in the books. Nowadays people store knowledge on the internet. Do you think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
10. Some people believe that the country development benefits from the high-educated university students. However some people think that the large amount of young people in university only leads to high unemployment graduates. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
11. Some people think advertising may have positive economic effects. Others think it has social effects because individuals are not satisfied with who they are and what they have. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
12. Some people think that one of the best ways to solve environmental problems is to increase the cost of fuels for cars and other vehicles. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?
13. The young people in the workforce are changing their jobs or careers every few years. What do you think are the reasons? Do you think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
1. The graph below shows the number of oversea visitors who came to the UK for different purposes between 1989 and 2009.(19/06/2014)
2. The graph below shows the number of students from UK， USA and Australia who attended university in other countries from 2002 to 2007.(21/09/2013)
3. The line graph below shows the land used for organic crops in two countries between 1985 and 2010.(31/10/2015)
4. The line graph shows the percentage of different age groups of cinema visitors in a particular country.(26/09/2015)
5. The graph shows the number of overseas visitors to three different areas in a European country between 1987 and 2007.(11/07/2015)
1. In some countries around the world men and women are having children late in life. What are the reasons for this development? What are the effects on society and family life?(08/12/2012、21/05/2015)
2. It is a good thing for those in the senior management position to have higher salaries than other workers in the same company or organization. To what extent do you agree or disagree?(29/10/2016)
3. As country develops, a large population lives individually or lives in small family unit, why is the case and what affect on society?(13/04/2013，03/08/2013，27/09/2014)
4. Some people think everyone should be a vegetarian, because we do not need to eat meat to have a healthy diet. To what extent do you agree or disagree?(19/09/2015)
5. In many countries women are allowed to take maternity leave from their jobs during the first month after the birth of their baby. Do advantages outweigh disadvantages?(27/02/2016)
6. Older people who need employment have to compete with younger people. What problems will be caused? And what are the solutions?(11/04/2015)