1.Some people think all lawbreakers should be put into prison, others believe that there are better alternatives. Discuss and give your opinion.
2.The quality of life in big cities is decreasing. What are the causes and what actions should be taken to solve this problem?
3.Some people think that the money government spend on art, such as music and painting, would be better spent on things more important. Do you agree or disagree?
4.Some people think secondary school should have a class of international news. Others believe it is not necessary. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
5.In recent years, ‘responsible tourists’ have paid attention to preserving both culture and environment of the places they visit. However, some people say that it is impossible to be a responsible tourist. Do you agree or disagree?
6.Young people who commit serious crimes should be punished in the same way as adults. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
7.Economic progress is one way to measure a country's success. Other people think other factors are also important. What are the other factors? Which factor is the most important one?
8.Countries with a long average working time are more economically successful than those countries which do not have a long working time. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
9.Nuclear energy is the best source of power in meeting ever-increasing energy needs. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
10.Some people think success of life is based on hard work and determination but others think there are more important factors like money and appearance. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion?
1. Nowadays, most countries improve the standard of living through economic development. But some social values are lost as a result. Do you think the advantages of the phenomenon outweigh the disadvantages?
2. Surveys show that people are living longer in many countries. But increased life expectancy has many implications for aging individuals and for society as a whole. What are the possible effects of longer living for individuals and society?
3. Recently, children are spending much time on TV instead of active and creative things, why do you think this is the case? What measures will be helpful to change this problem?
4. Some people think that men and women have different qualities. Therefore, some certain jobs are suitable for men and some jobs are suitable for women. To what extent do you agree or disagree.
5. Some people believe that children should obey rules and listen to their parents and teachers; Some others believe that less controlling will help children deal with adults life. Discuss both sides and give your opinion.
6. Thanks to the development of air travel and telecommunication, contacts between different parts of the world have developed quickly. To what extent do you think societies benefit from the increased contact and closer relationship with foreigners brought about by international business and tourism?
7. Nowadays more and more young people hold the important positions in the government. Some people think that it is a good thing while others argue that it is not suitable. Discuss both these views and give your opinion.
8. Major cities grow continuously and expand into the countryside, what problems are caused due to the cities development to the young people living in the city, what are the reasons and what solutions do you have? Give examples.
9. Pollution and other environmental problems are resulting from a country's developing and becoming richer, so some think this cannot be avoided. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
10. Some groups of people have benefited from modern communication technology but some people have not benefited at all, to what extent do you agree or disagree?
11. In most countries，prison is an effective solution to the problem of crime. Some people think it is a more effective solution to provide a better education. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
12. A large number of young people cannot find jobs after they leave school. What problems will youth unemployment cause for individuals and for society? What measures should be taken to reduce the level of unemployment among young people?
13. Some people believe that everyone has the right to receive a university education，so the government should make it free for all people regardless of their financial background. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
14. In some countries, young people are not only richer but also safer and healthier than ever before. However, they are less happy. What do you think are the causes of this? What solutions can you suggest?
15. Nowadays, people always throw old things away and buy new things, whereas in the past, old things were repaired and used again. What factors cause this phenomenon? What effects does the phenomenon lead to?
16. Some people think traveling abroad is a valuable experience for young people. Others think it wastes too much time and expense. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
17. Some people think that the main purpose of schools is to turn children into good citizens and workers, rather to benefit them as individuals. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
18. With the rapid economic development, people living in developed and developing countries both have become richer than before. But studies show that people in developing countries feel happier than before, while those in developed countries do not. Discuss the reasons and lessons we can learn from it.
19. News media are important in modern society. Why are they so important? Are their influences generally positive or negative?
20. Nowadays consumers are faced with the advertisements from competitive companies. To what extent do you agree that consumers are influenced by advertisements? What measures should be taken to protect them?
1. Air travel can only benefit the richest people in the world. The ordinary people can get no advantage with the development of air travel. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
2. Technological progress has brought great changes to our society in the last 100 years. However, some people think that it has also brought some negative effects at the same time. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this point?
3. Different people have different opinions on the issue whether zoos should be built to protect wild animals. What is your opinion?
4. Some people think the fact that travel by air is becoming cheaper and cheaper is beneficial, other people think it has drawbacks to the environment and the resources of the world. What is your opinion?
5. Schools should teach children some academic subjects which will be beneficial to their future careers. Therefore, other subjects such as music and sports are not important. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
6. Nowadays, distance-learning programs are such a common thing for us, but some people argue that they're not as good as those by attending a college or university in person. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
7. Students from rural areas often find it difficult to have access to university education, so people think universities should make it especially easy for them to study at. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
8. An interesting number of people today change their career and place of residence several times during their life. Is this a positive or negative development?
9. Some people think it is not necessary for adults to receive education in class. Self-study is a good way for them to study more effectively. To what extent do you agree or disagree with it?
10. In many parts of the world children and teenagers are committing more crimes. Why is this case happening? How should children or teenagers be punished?
11. Some people think it's necessary to use animals for testing medicines intended for human use. Others, however, think it's not right to do that. Discuss both of these views and give your own opinion.
12. In the past, cultural and historical relics were stored in museums. But now, people can see them freely with the internet. Some people believe that museums are no longer needed in the future. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
13. Nowadays a growing amount of advertising aims at children. Some people think this has negative effects on children and should be banned. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
14. Many countries spend a lot of money preparing competitors to take part in major sports competitions such as the Olympics, football world cup etc. Some people think that it would be better to spend this money to encourage children to take part in sports at a young age. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
15. Some people think personal happiness is closely related to economic success, while others believe that it depends on other factors. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
16. Some people think that advertising discourages us from being different individuals, as all people want to do the same and look the same. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
17. In the past, people used to travel abroad to look many differences from their home country. Nowadays, cities throughout the world are becoming more and more similar. What are the reasons? Is this a positive or negative development?
18. The best way for a country to prepare for the future is to invest more resources in its young people. How true do you think of it? What is the best way to invest resources?
19. Individual greed and selfishness have been the basis of the modern society. Some people think that we must return to the older and more traditional values of respect for the family and the local community in order to create a better world to live in. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
20. In the future，there will be a higher proportion of older people than younger people. Is it a positive or negative development?