1.Some people believe that university education should focus on the skills of employment for the future. Others think should focus academic study only. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
2. In some countries, there has been an increase in the number of parents who educate their children themselves at home instead of sending them to school. Do you think the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?
3. Many customs and the traditional ways of behaviors are no longer relevant to the modern life and not worth keeping. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
4. Some people think painting and drawings are as important as other subjects, they should be compulsory in high school education. What do you think?
5. In some countries, the government has tried to reduce traffic. For instance, they imposed a congestion tax during the rush hour. Do you think this development is positive or negative?
6. Some people think language class should be taught in small class, others think the number of students doesn't matter. Do you agree or disagree?
7. Some people think younger people are not suitable for important positions in government in countries. Some think it will be a good idea for younger people to take on these positions. Agree or disagree?
8. Multicultural societies, where people of different ethnic groups live together, can bring more benefits than drawbacks to a country. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
9. Nowadays, women have full-time work same as men, logically men should share household equally with women. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
10. In developing countries, some people think governments should introduce new technology for people in order to improve quality of life, while others believe governments should offer free education. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
1) In view of the above-mentioned negative factors/disadvantage(s)/defectsin A, people's second thought is to...
(e.g. In view of the above-mentioned negative factors in raising theoutput, our second thought is to improve the quality of products.)
2) To counter/offset/counteract/cancel undesirable/side/illeffects/influence/results of A, B is put forward/proposed/advanced as anotherbetter course/ solution to...
(e.g. To counter the undesirable effects of rigid administration, emotionalinvestment is advanced as another better course to success in business.)
3) In their efforts to battle against dark side/incongruous elements A h asbrought along with it, however, people come up with another approach/solution/course to...namely...
(e.g. In their efforts to battle against the dark side theexamination-oriented education has brought along with it, educators come up withanother approach to the problem, namely the quality-oriented education.)
4) In contrast with the drawbacks/demerits/flaws of A, B can serve as abetter step/move/advance in the right direction/to ward the solution for theproblem of...
(e.g. In contrast with the drawbacks caused by nuclear power, the solarpower can serve as a better move toward the solution for the problem of energycrisis.)
5) So when it comes to an effective remedy for/a good counter-balance tothe problems/limits/faults/weaknesses in A, people naturally think of B.
(e.g. So when it comes to an effective remedy for the weaknesses incompetition, people naturally think of cooperation.)
6) But it has also brought along with it the negative effect/disadvantage/weakness that...
7) However, it is not without limits/problems/faults/defects, for example,...
8) Like anything else, it also has its own dark side, as evidencedin...
9) For/Despite/In spite of the advantages/benefits/positive effects A has,it has suffered from/posed some disadvantages/harm/negative effects.
10) To attain this goal, however, we still have much work to do/manyobstacles to remove.