1.Some people think that the news media have much more influence on people’s lives and that this is a negative development. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
2.In some countries, it's possible to buy a wide variety of food transported from other countries. To what extent do the benefits outweigh its drawbacks?
3.The increase in the production of consumer goods results in damage to the natural environment. What are the causes of this? What can be done to solve this problem?
4.Some people think health care should be free for everyone, while others think they should pay medical costs by themselves. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion.
5.Educationalists think that the program of international exchange visits would benefit all students. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
6.Some people think young people who commit serious crimes such as robbery or violent attacks should be punished in the same way as adults. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
7.In some countries, the criminal trials are shown on TV and the general public can watch them. Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
8.In some countries, more people choose to live by themselves in recent years. Why is the case? Is it a positive or negative development for society?
9.Human activities have negative effect on plants and animal species. Some people think it is too late to do anything about this problem. Other people believe that effective measures can be taken to improve this situation. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
10.Economic growth in recent years made some people in both developed countries and developing countries richer. However, a research shows that while people in developing countries are happier, people in developed countries seems less happy than before. Why? What can we learn from it?
1. The range and quality of food been improved with the development of technology and scientific advance. Some people think it is good and others think it is harmful. Discuss two sides and give your own opinion.
2. It is not necessary to travel to other places to learn about culture and people, because people can learn from books, films or the Internet, do you agree or disagree?
3. Some people think health care should be free for everyone, while others think they should pay medical costs for themselves. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion.
4. Some people believe that the country development benefits from the high-educated university students. However some people think that the large amount of young people in university only leads to high unemployment graduates. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
5. Government funding should only provide scholarships for the best students. All other funding of universities should come from student fees and private organizations. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
6. In many cities, planners tend to arrange shops, schools, offices, and homes in specific areas and separate them from each other. Do you think the advantages of this policy outweigh the disadvantages?
7. Some people think that governments should do more to make their citizens eat a healthy diet. Others believe that individuals must take responsibility for their own diet and health. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
8. Some people think getting old is entirely bad. However, others think that life of the elderly in modern world is much easier than in the past. Discuss both views and give your own opinion
9. Some people think the main benefit of greater international cooperation is in the protection of environment, while others think it is the world business. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
10. Some people think the technology makes life complex, so we should make life simpler without using the technology. Agree or disagree ?