Section1 一位女士询问community class的相关事宜
Section4 蚂蚁窝，fire ants nests
Section 1 咨询——社区课程，10笔记
Section 2 介绍——英国驾照介绍，5单选+5配对
Section 3 学术讨论——主动学习，6单选+4多选
Section 4 学术讲座——沙漠蚂蚁，10笔记
1. time 7:45 Tuesday
2. something you can write on
3. $140 for 4 classes
4. Get a certificate
5. Bring your own knife and container for conditionings
6. extra $56
7. Lawton Community Centre
8. Good for problem with the neck
9. Towel and Special mat
10. a small mirror
Section 1 community classes
2. Something to write on
4. A certification
5. Pay 56 extra
6. A knife
7. Pain in her neck
8. Lawnton Community Center
9. A towel
10. A small mirror
Section 2 driving in UK
11. Changing a driving license: C proves to be residents in the UK
12. Translation of driving licenses: A not all necessary
13. Photo requirement: C cannot be in poor condition
14. Checking service: B some questions are confusing
15. Car insurance: C asks for personal recommendation
16. London - effective traffic lights
17. Edinburgh - clear traffic signs
18. Cardiff - speed limits
19. Manchester - multi-lane roads
20. Oxford - efficient ring roads
Section 3 active learning
21. Experts said that the thinkers: B taking long time to make decisions
22. Innovators: B have good instincts
23. Eric says people in their class are: B thinkers
24. Eric says that one attribute of doer is: A impatience
25. Alice says that what she will improve: C participate more
26. Alice and Eric say that in the future, the workshop: A should be in an earlier state
27. B know when to avoid the safest option
28. C compare a number of possible solutions
29. C deal with opposition
30. D persuade others
Section 4 fire ants
31. Live in environment except for desert and cold areas
32. Often found under rocks
33. First found in Brisbane in 2001, near the port
34. Carried in soil in farming equipment
35. Prevent people from getting water
36. Reduce use of sports facilities
37. Damage electrical systems
38. Aided by well-trained dogs
39. Camera wired to a helicopter
40. Insecticide and bait mixed with corn
1. Describe a city or country that you would like to live or work 描述一个你想要在那里居住的城市或国家
2. Describe an important river or lake in your country 描述你所在国家一条重要的河流或湖泊
3. Describe a leisure facility you would like to have in your hometown 描述你现在你的家乡拥有的一项娱乐设施
4. Describe a thing you own that you want to replace 描述一件你已拥有但想更换的物品
5. Describe a talkative person you know 描述你所认识的一位健谈的人物
Describe a talkative person you know
You should say:
Who he or she is
How you got to know him or her
What he or she likes to talk about
And explain how do you like him or her
Actually this topic reminds me of a boy named Jason. I knew Jason from an international exchange program in Chicago University last year. It was my first time got to know him but soon we became good friends. He is a charming boy who is also pretty stout. But what makes him a real popular program in our class is his perfect personality, you know, quite outgoing and approachable. Actually, what I can learn from him is his inter-personal communicative skills. Or, in other words, being talkative. That’s our first time to participate in an English program with so many classmates with many countries. For the first week, I felt hard to get along with my teammates, as I was reluctant to speak to others. But it seemed like Jason was having a great time with his teammates. And I notice that, Jason was glad to talk and share his ideas with others, though he was not always fluent. I wouldn’t say he talked too much, I guess he just made good use all possible opportunities to practice and interact with others which was actually beneficial. At the end of that exchange program, I turned to another person and I guess I should be thankful to Jason because he was the person who really inspired me.
1. Did you save money when you were young? 你小的时候存钱吗?
I wouldn't quite call it saving money, but as a kid I definitely did something other people my age would be familiar with. Sometimes I’d take a little from my normal lunch money allowance and stash it away, hoping to eventually save up enough to buy something I've been really wanting, like a game or a book. Looking back, they were always almost tiny amounts of money, but as a kid, they were pretty much your life savings.
2. Have you ever given money to other children? 你给过其他小孩钱吗?
Not when I was also a kid, no. Back then each of our private little savings meant a lot to us, a lot of effort made to prevent our parents from finding out, and a lot of time invested. We didn't just give it away to someone else without good reason, even to friends. Perhaps I would’ve made an exception for my best friends, but since they never asked, it never came up.
3. Do you think parents should teach children to save money? 你认为家长应该教育孩子节省用钱吗?
Absolutely. Sound financial planning is something that we aren’t taught in schools, but is pretty essential to our lives. Maybe it's just taken as something we’ll understand intuitively by experience, but I think parents should be more involved in teaching basic good practices while we are teenagers. At the very least, we ought to be prepared before we get our first paycheck.
4. Do parents give children pocket money in China? 在中国，家长给他们的孩子存钱罐吗?
In my experience yes, me and my friends were always given a fixed allowance to spend on food and other things every week. That’s how our practice of saving up lunch money started. And then there’s every Chinese New Year, when we get red envelopes of money as part of tradition, and is usually a much heftier sum.
Describe a place you often visit with your friends or family. 描述一个你和你的朋友或家人经常游览的地方。
You should say:
Where this place is
How you got to know this place
How you usually go there
And explain why you like to visit it
1.Do you like hanging out with your friends? 你喜欢和你的朋友出去逛吗?
2.What do you think is the most important thing of being friends? 你认为作为朋友最重要的是什么?
3.Do you think that technology has made it easier for people to make new friends? 你认为技术使人们更容易结交新朋友吗?
4.How could people find reliable friends on the Internet? 人们如何在网上找到可信的朋友?
5.Do you like to make friends with older people? 你喜欢和比你年龄大的人交朋友吗?
Today, I’m going to share with you a place I often go visit with my friends. It is a small café near my home named ‘ABC’.
Though it is just five-minute walk to my home, it was actually my friend Lily who took me there for the first time. I remember that day, when the two of us were both worn out after a tiring day of school, Lily suggested we took some time off to relax ourselves. And, that’s why we ended up in that small café.
As a full-time student, I have to go to school 5 days a week. Therefore, the time left for me to visit this lovely place and spend some leisure time with my friends is mostly weekends. Fact is, my friends and I have made it a habit to visit this small café every Saturday night, and we usually go there by bike.
This small coffee house is located on a quiet street with a lot of trees planted on both sides. It also has a patio with hanging gardens which I like very much. Every time I sit reading there, it somehow makes me feel that I’m sitting in a tranquil paradise of my own. Separated from the hustle and bustle of city life, this small café allows me to ponder quietly, taking some precious time off to relax myself after a week of hard work. Here, I can concentrate on doing a personal project to writing diaries without being interrupted by other people.
Except for its peaceful environment, this café also serves great coffee and cakes. The employees working there are all very nice, showing appropriate waiting manners. In fact, I have already made friends with a lot of them, given the fact that I am no strange face to their shop.
As I said, I go there a lot with my friends. Over a nice cup of coffee, we get to share our little stories with nice scent around. At moments like that, we can escape from reality for a little while and enjoy ourselves.
1.Do you often use maps? 你经常使用地图吗?
Yeah! Of course. I'm always using a map while traveling in Shanghai basically because Shanghai is too big and complicate for me to find the right place. Usually, I would install a map app in my mobile phone previously.
2. When do you use a map? 你什么时候会使用地图?
When I was traveling outside my hometown, I used the map frequently. Not only from the map can I know the destination but also I can have a rough picture of the city.
3.Who taught you how to use a map? 谁教你如何使用地图?
Well, my friend Tommy taught me how to use the map. Before that, I could be totally lost when I am traveling by myself. I learnt how to read map fast because he was a good teacher and was really master of using maps.
4.Do you prefer to use electronic maps or those made of paper? 你更愿使用电子地图还是纸质地图?
I prefer to use electronic maps to those made of paper not only because the former is more convenient and easier to carry than the latter, but also because electronic ones can position the location.
1. Do you (or, did you) have a favorite teacher? 你有一个你最喜欢的老师吗?
Yes, it's Mr. Liu, my middle school English teacher. He was then in his twenties. I'll always remember his amiable smile in his first class.
2. Why do you like him/her? 你为什么喜欢他/她?
Wow, he was really a charming gentleman. He spoke English in such a standard and fluent way, that I was soon attracted by his accent. Besides, he possessed a good knowledge of English, from whom I have learned a lot.
3. How does (or did) this teacher help you?
To me, the most important thing was that he aroused my interest in English study. His classes were so vivid and lively that I could not wait to have English classes every week. During those years, I succeeded in memorizing a large vocabulary and some well-written English articles. I still benefit from that period of time until now.
4. Do you think you could be a teacher? 你认为你会成为一名老师吗?
In the future, I think I could be a teacher. But at present, I haven't become competent enough to go in for teaching. I still need to take some time to acquire more knowledge in my field.
5. Would you like to be a teacher? 你愿意做一名老师吗?
Sure. In fact, it is my dream to be a university teacher. Through the teaching process, I can share with students my views and values. that's really wonderful. In my future years, I hope I can realize my dream and devote myself to the education career.